View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 08:41 PM

Best JBL monitor?

Difficult to answer. Keeping in mind that a Recording Monitor is supposed be an accurate reflection (if you will ) of what is being recorded and the recording itself. I can only answer for myself. I've heard all the 4400 series and like them all. I do not have room for the 4430, or 4435 but I do have the 4408, and 4410 which I really like. I do readily admit that I did not care for the 4310, and it's derivations especially on upper strings.
Being a classically trained musician, performer, and concert goer, makes one rather picky.
I have heard the LSR32/6332 and consider them to be the ultimate in the shelf type monitor. Out standing mid range on that one. Then there is the M2. Those who have heard them seem to have some kind of religious experience. But the M2 is really a suite of speakers and electronics. I wish I could afford them.
One day I will have LSR6332's (3 of them) but there are other things on the radar now, and not to mention they have to go into a Teak Scandinavian living space.

Petronius

Last edited by Petronius; 10-15-2020 at 02:11 PM. Reason: clarity