View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgiliberti View Post
Thank you for a very helpful response. Jeff (aka Tonepub) has commented that the LP275s sounds just like the LP70s but with more power. At first I read that as it sounds the same but can't play as loud. Now having read your comment, I think that he meant more than that, essentially, what you are saying about them doing things the smaller amps simply can't do. That has been my experience whenever I listen to powerful amps, at all listening volumes. The image is just more palpable and emphatic. Given my budget constraints, it will come down to tradeoffs. The real problem for me is that CJ does not make a SS power amp in the same price range as the Classic 60SE, ie., under -$5K. I could go used, but my experience with used has not been as good as it has been for many others on this board. So that has lead me to look at the Mac 320. I did read up on it, and it has had love it - hate it reviews by the devoted Mac fans. I'll have to give it a listen, along with the LP70s, which I have not heard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgiliberti View Post
Perhaps I have misquoted Jeff, in which case it is my error, not his. (It is unwise of me to rely on my memory this age.) I think he may have meant by "with more power" much and perhaps all of what you mean. But I am not sure. It was in a thread somewhere, perhaps on another forum. I will see if I can find it.
I also remember although he had written it but in the time I had no possibility of judging the relevance of its comments.....

l
LP12SE,urika phonostage,radikal power supply, dynavector XV-1s,conrad-johnson GAT and LP275M, Sonus Faber Elipsa,yter/naim/Linn cables, vibex, finite elemente