View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 06:25 PM

Maybe this will help.

I had the JC3 after owning the Fosgate. I now own the VTPH-2. Here are my observations:

I really liked the Fosgate Signature phonostage. It was pretty quiet but I thought it had a laid back presentation. I was looking for a more dynamic so I gave the JC3 a spin and sold the Fosgate. The JC3 was very quiet, dynamic and extended although it lacked the loading flexibility that the Fosgate had. After a few months I felt that I was missing that palpability and lifelike sound that tubes bring to the table. On another site I noted that the Parasound made my records sound like good cd's. Kinda had a whitish sound that many ss phonostages do.

After some intense research I ended up speaking with Keith Herron about the VTPH-2 and about what I was looking for in a phonostage. I purchased the VTPH-2 and I could not be happier. It's super quiet, dynamic, extended and has that lifelike presence that due to the tubes. And it has all kinds of loading flexibility. You just install the applicable loading plugs and away you go. The VTPH-2 responds well to tube rolling and power cord changes well too. I've not heard the new JC3+ so take my comments here for what they are.

Good luck to you.