Thread: Dynaudio Forum
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 08:32 AM

Ollie - While Dynaudio has continued to refine their Esotar tweeter over the years, I'm not certain that newer versions would be drop in replacements in older speakers. Their electrical parameters may have changed so that a replacement may require supporting changes in the speaker's crossovers. The driver's mounting plates may have also been revised. I'd suggest discussing this with your dealer or Dynaudio directly before attempting to make such a substitution.

As far as the change in Bryston amplification I suspect that the greater sonic change would be due to the improved input section circuitry of the 7B3 compared to the 6SST rather than the difference in their power output, but having additional headroom is always a good thing. Since you can't bring the newer amps home to test in your system, would it be possible for you to bring your amps to the dealer's showroom to compare them in a similar setup? That would let you hear the relative difference to determine if you feel the upgrade is justified.

Good luck and please let us know what you decide on both fronts.