View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBritt View Post
I have a dumb, newbie-ish question. I have finally mustered the courage to ask it. As preamble, let me say that I have spent an enormous amount of time on the Shunyata website. My understanding is that the Triton and the Typhon were made for each other. More specifically, the Typhon was made to mate with the Triton via a dedicated umbilical cord. So far so good? I get lost easily. If I were starting from scratch and had plenty of it -- scratch, that is -- I would be inclined to go with the Triton/Typhon marriage made in heaven. However, I have begun my Shunyata Power Distribution journey with a single Hydra AV. I am delighted with it. I like how the outlets are directed up rather than out the back. That works for me. From what I have gleaned from the Shunyata website, the Typhon houses two massive noise isolation chambers which, when mated with the Triton, really up the performance where power distribution is concerned. Under the paragraph titled, What the Typhon Delivers, the first sentence is: "When connected to the Triton, the Hydra Typhon triples the volume of the Noise Isolation Chambers within the Triton." My dumb question is whether the benefits of the Typhon can be captured if the Typhon were connected to an unused outlet on the Hydra AV rather than a Triton. Is it possible to substitute the Hydra AV for the Triton? Or am I off in my own private Idaho here?
Yes, the Typhon will work just fine with the HYDRA AV. Technically, you don't even need a power distributor if you don't need the outets. Some people are using a Typhon into an in-wall quad-plex (four outlets).