View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 12:43 PM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Default Pro and Cons of adding Subs

Our system is just awesome. We really are enjoying it. However, I see a lot of audiophiles incorporating subs into their home audio systems.

I’m seriously thinking about it. It’s not that I’m not getting excellent bass already - it’s unbelievable. But from what I’ve read placing a set of subs into a system assist in enabling improvements in soundstage width, normally provide a greater dynamic range, and a smoother frequency response across the room. I figure it may worth a try.

I looked at the Magico subs and I think the Q’s have too large if a footprint. I contacted REL and they stated they didn’t want my room overpowered by too much bass. And since I have limited space for placement they are suggesting REL 212SX, the Carbon Special, or their G1 MK II (if the footprint would fit).

This said I know there are other great sub manufactures out there, like JL Audio, SVS, etc. What would you just suggest as being the best fit for my system and space.

Pic of system for a reminder of what I’m working with.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg BDFF8056-D344-43EF-8420-D796825BC2C9.jpeg (81.8 KB, 165 views)

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.

Last edited by Masterlu; 06-29-2022 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Enlarge & embed photo