View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 02:23 AM

Default My C2700 came yesterday..Do I need a standalone streamer....Also new CDP question

Hey,

After much agonizing of the 2700 abd 2600 with an outboard DAC, I ended up with the 2700. It's flipping wonderful so far. Which leads to these next two questions.

I am new to streaming, so my Macbook Pro runs right into the 2700 to play my ripped files and using services like Tidal. My first question.....do (or should) I look at getting the money tig an external streamer like Bluesoud Node or just go with what I have./ There were a few Tidal Masters tracks that sounded "meh"....so I also hooked the 2700 to my laptop via a Meridian Explorer 2. Macbook -> Meridian ->2700 analog inputs from a special cable blde I had made years ago by Signal Sound. It's a stereo jack on the Meridia edn and XLR on 2700 en

2. I currently have a MCD301 and Oppo 203 that I use for CD, SACD, etc. The Oppo is going nowhere due to PQ but I was wondering if the MCD301 is gettig long in the tooth. What would I have to spend to get a significant ficnt improvement over the 301 and what models are they?