View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Stat View Post
Perhaps you're fairly new to the way planar speakers work. Bass response is largely a function of radiating area. The CLX bass panel is 11.5" x 57" for a total of 656 square inches.

By comparison, my U-1s each have 2200 square inches of radiating area. As a true full range design, there are not separate frequency specific panels. The entire face of the diaphragm delivers bass. Using a forest of bass traps and much experimentation,

Triple 922s at RMAF
I am most greatful E-Stat for that information ,which may in some part explain why , and on a number of occasions , Soundlabs panels for my part sounded a tad 'Overblown' and 'Confused' during large scale passages of music ( Mahler 5th for example ) akin to cone flap which can sometimes manifest in dynamic drivers , a phenomena that I had not previously experienced whilst listening via both CLS II and CLX's .

I feel that I must also add an without reservation co-desil that I consider the Soundlabs that I have experienced to be of truely Stella sonic proportions and that my point is more one of high quality similarity than disparity with Martin Logan full ESL panel transducers .

Last edited by Harlequin; 09-05-2013 at 04:41 PM.