View Single Post
Old 02-24-2022, 12:06 AM

Hi Friends,
It's been almost a year since Ive last posted. First, I must apologise to 'clpeterson' for not answering his question. Yes, the CD's were ripped and stored in the Roon Nucleus+ and indeed they were rarely played at all, except for those SACD/MQA CD that Ive stored near the bottom for easy retrieval. Most times, I buy from HD Tracks if a piece caught my attention unless its not available, then I look for the CD in Amazon/Elusive. The Luxman D-10X built-in DAC really makes the files listening a true great experience.
Apart from that, no new gears had been added, except the purchase of a share set of Takatsuki 300B tubes as understand the smaller tubes last much longer than 5000 playing hours than the 300B's. I did consider the WE 300B's but in the end still opt for the more familiar Takatsuki.
Recently, I've been diagnosed having Diabetic B and am now on a very strict diet and medication, hopefully able to revert the situation in a year's time, as well as improving my BP which had also shot up. I am now living my life like a cow, eating mostly veggies and devoid off almost all good things in life, like meat, fruits (ok, a banana/apple a day), favourite drinks like Coke. Made me realised the Chinese saying that Health is Wealth and being able to eat anything one desire is the greatest blessing is true.
Because of the Covid situation and my age, coming 68 this October, I was advised not to go out unless necessary to avoid catching the virus which can be fatal. I had a long time friend since school days (1970's) who passed off Oct last year because of this.
Occasionally, I have been able to expose myself to gears I've not seen before and yes, of course, the itch does comes in. However, I was able to control it because of the room size I have, the problem to justify the spending and more so, the current system is already so good. IF only I have a bigger room ... then the itch can bite on.
Noticed the gears were not discussed in this forum ... although there is a Japanese Made Gears discussion. New Luxman is coming in (C-10x replacing current C-900), PLINIUM amps, Takio Audio SGX Extreme Server (can be a Roon Nucleus+ alternative), Kondo Amps, Robert Koda amps, Gobel speakers and the latest going to be released Avantgarde Trio G3/Spacehorns. Apart from the Avantgarde, Ive heard all these gears and I must say they are not only exquisitely built, sound wonderful with a, sorry to use this term 'ridiculously' priced. Of course, if one has the means, why not?
Then its back home to my small room where my humble system still sounded musical and more importantly, the itch wore off.
I wish everyone here a healthy and fruitful life everyday. I've started reading the posts in this forum and will try to contribute constructively if needed. Stay safe, Stay Healthy everyone. Cheers!
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar