View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 12:46 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkizz View Post
My personal experience:

A few months ago, after PM'ing with a member here (not sure if he wants to be named), and out of curiosity, I ordered 2 of the entry level ElectraClear devices. Measly investment considering it was less than $200 and there is a great return policy.

In my setup, I have 2 dedicated separate 20A runs from the panel to my components. One for the amps and one for everything else.

I plugged the EC's into each of those outlets and my layman explanation of the result is that I noticed more loudness right away. It was like the gain had been turned up on the preamp but without turning up line noise.

Over time I've tried to pinpoint what it is I've been hearing and the best way I can think of to explain it is that along with more "loudness", the music "hits" harder and is more "crisp" or "clean".

I imagine that doesn't answer many questions but based on my experience I'm going to order a Sorcerer x4 minimally, or a Sorcerer x4 and a Wizard in April.

This will free up one of the ElectraClears so I'd be willing to ship it to someone for a demo in their system all I'd ask is that you pay the shipping costs both ways as I plan to keep it and use it near the AV setup in the family room.

Hope this helps.

Using my name is no issue [emoji851]