View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 03:21 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Default Sinn U50 Limited Edition arrived today

This just arrived today, I ordered it about 8 months ago. My Sinn U50 S Blue Limited Edition. 1 of 500 issued Worldwide (#309). Fully tegimented case, bezel, and bracelet and PVD-coated in black. The dial is a beautiful blue, with a lighter hue at the center, darkening to almost black at edges, intended to recapitulate the hues of blue ocean water going from shallower to deeper depths. The black PVD case provides a black background for the darker tones at the edge of the dial.

My first experience with a tegimented Sinn, and...wow! The build quality and engineering specification on this is piece is INSANE. The case, bezel, and bracelet is a black PVD hard coating on top of Tegimented German Submarine Steel. Tegimentation is Sinn's proprietary process of hardening the metal alloy so that the watch is esentially impervious to incurring dings, nicks, and scratches. With a 1200 rating on the Vickers hardness scale, it is MUCH harder than the 904 Stainless than Rolex uses, for example. 500M depth rating, not that that matters in the real world. Still, this piece is built like a Tiger panzer.

Actually, seeing it "in the metal", I'm kinda blown away...this thing is totally bad-*ss. At 41mm, it wears very comfortably. Also has drilled lugs for easy bracelet and strap changes.

Reminds me of a graphic I made up for Sinn a while back...

Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 12-06-2022 at 03:51 AM.