View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 02:01 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMCH View Post
I have a bunch of cable lifters that I haven't unpacked yet. I will set them up this weekend. I am still waiting for some new speaker cables also.
Strange story, I also bought back my Shunyata Denali and PC from the person I sold it to last year for a little more than he paid me. I did like that power conditioner and now I have it back.
Cool beans.

Here's an easy and informative experiment to do to discern the effect they have: set the speaker cable elevators up under just one speaker, either the left channel or the right, but not both. Put on a well-mastered reference track that is fairly evenly balanced L/R and listen to the presentation, evaluating the channel with the speaker cables elevated vs. the channel where they are not. You should be able to hear the improvement just by comparing the left and right speakers. Then, do the converse experiment: move cable elevators to the "other side", putting them under the channel that first did not have them, so it now does, and the channel that first had them now does not. You should hear the improvement move to the other channel.

This is, in fact, what I first did "by accident". I had an Omega power cord (PC) in for an evaluation and they come with three DF-SS. When I removed the Omega PC from the back of the rack to return it, I temporarily placed the DF-SS it came with under the R channel speaker cable, and forgot about it for a coupla days. When I came back a few days later and was listening to the system, I was wondering "What the hell?" Why did the R channel have more clarity, focus and resolution than the Left? Then...I noticed that the Right channel speaker cables were on the DF-SS and the left channel were just lying on the floor.

I then did the "control experiment" and moved the DF-SS that were under the R channel speaker cables over to the L channel's cable, and heard the improvement move to the Left channel.

Honestly, before this "accidental experiment", I was very skeptical about cable elevators for speaker cables and considered them "audiophile frou-frou". And I was even more skeptical about the benefits they bring from elevating power cables. And, Man! Was I wrong on that!

Now I've got 'em under the speaker cables and the power cables.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 10-07-2022 at 02:03 PM.