View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Pete View Post
Thanks guys....I appreciate your thoughts.

Catcher10...I too have been finding my eyes drifting over to the Xtension 10 also. I have read that the larger platter does take a bit of time to get up to speed, but I don't see this as a huge big deal.

Serge....
I like the Clearaudio tables too. I have to confess that the cosmetics of these Pro-ject tables carry a pretty strong allure with me. With the amount of wood I have in and around my system (notably in the turntable area), I can't help but think that the beautifully finished wood plinths on these tables would look stunning in my system.

My plan would likely include an Ortofon Cadenza Black, with a Pro-ject Tube Box DS2 to mate the MC cartridge with my McIntosh C40 Preamp.
It is a good looking table Sound wise it was a bit dynamically challenged to the clearaudio and had a slightly darker and murkier presentation overall. However, as we all know, cartridges, setup, phono stages and the rest of the gear come into play big time and especially with analog. To generalize on the sound of any particular setup and for it to hold true can only be applied within the context of an A/B comparison of the same system. Go with what you think will bring you the most satisfaction aesthetically as well as sonically.