View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 02:45 PM
Semi-audiophile

There is a plan. I have ordered another matched pair each of Mullards and Gold Lions. Upon their arrival the Mullards, along with the pair I have already, will go in the line stage and MM phono slots, unless I decide to give deference to the more expensive GLs. I expect either to have a fuller sound than the Amperex tubes, good as they are. I guess I'm rolling now.

UPDATE 5/18: Not so sure now. The Amperexes sounded really good today with Orgelwerke: Meisterwerke zum Kennenlernen, a collection of organ works by Bach, Brahams, Pachelbel and others. I dare say things sounded as good as yesterday's organ performance during the New York Theological Seminary's graduation services, held at Riverside Church in Manhattan. I don't know if I'll change the tubes out just yet.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks

Last edited by prepress; 05-18-2014 at 07:34 PM.