View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 01:14 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Default New First Sound preamp in-bound...

Just an update for the gang...

Just got word from Emmanuel Go that my First Sound preamp will ship out next week.

The model is the First Sound Presence Deluxe MkIII-SI, a 2 chassis unit w/ the Paramount Special Edition upgrade using Audio Cap copper capacitors.

The First Sound preamps are essentially "bespoke" preamps, each one crafted and tuned specifically for the owner's system and system components. The design is a true dual-mono design, essentially two preamps in one main control chassis "box" with the PS transformer and PS capacitors housed in an external chassis to maximize performance while minimizing the impact of noise and vibration on the main circuit. Additionally, there are two chassis in in the main control unit, with an inner chassis comprised of copper-plated steel to function as a Faraday cage to further reduce the impact of external noise.

Special care is also provided to provide vibration-damping and even the fasteners were selected based on comprehensive, long-term, listening tests.

Notable are hand-assembled volume controls, utilizing individual exceptionally high-quality metal film resistors at each gain position and a massive power supply, exceeding the power supply capacitance and "stiffness" of many high-end power amplifiers.

Emmanuel is presently "crafting" it to match perfectly with the other components in my specific system.

I'll post photos of it when it arrives.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.