Thread: Hey Roonies!
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 07:18 PM

Hey Tom - Sounds like you are up and running -

I moved the Roon core to the NAS (in this case a Synology DS720+ *) - As Tony (Antonmb) recommended , the Roon server and database are on a small portable SSD attached via USB C to the NAS. This works very well, and runs multiple zones simultaneously. I do not use any digital processing (DSP) however beyond downsampling as needed to the Sonos endpoints.

You can quickly restore from the Roon back-up if you choose to move the Roon Core around (i.e you won't need to repeat the initial indexing).

Beyond all the geeky stuff, Roon is fantastic.

Regarding library folders, our structure is set-up on the NAS as: volume1/Music/Library_Music/Genre/Artist/Album/files. No issues.

*Intel Celeron J4125 4-core 2.0 GHz
Main - Roon on Synology/Sonos Port/SoTM Neo endpoints; Chord Qutest, Bryston BP-17 cubed with phono option; EAT C-sharp with Ortofon Bronze MM, Bryston cubed Amplifier; Revel F126Be on custom Atocha stands; interconnects by WireWorld, furniture by Atocha Design 'Phones Audeze LCD-3, Bryston BHA-1; Office: Sonos/Roon; OPPO HA-1, Naim NAP100 and PSB Mini-C. Media Room:, Samsung QLED QN90 series, Sonos, OPPO 205, ATI N-core driving KEF LS-50's with REL subs; furniture by Glassisimo; Kids - U-turn for vinyl, Sonos Play5; Summer Shack - Sonos, vintage Pioneer, Dynaudio Special 40's.

Last edited by clpetersen; 12-12-2020 at 11:11 AM.