View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsT View Post
I will be experimenting with an Aurender A30. The plan is to use the preamplifier section straight into my amps. This will preclude me from playing SACD since the A30 does not have analog inputs, and my current SACD player does not have hi res output through Coax.

I am wondering what players allow for a hi res signal to pass via coax. I know the Directstream Memory Player has the feature, so I may look for a used one. Are there others?

And, yes, I do occasionally spin discs since I really enjoy the sound more than a ripped version.

Thanks
Did you compare the preamp section of your Aurender to that of your Luxman? Did you find it sound better using the built-in volume control in your Aurender?
If not, just leave it as is to make things easier and simple. Your Marantz SA-10 is a great sounding player and received glowing reviews. I would just run the XLR analog out just like the way you currently have it set up.

The built-in preamp section of my MSB Select II DAC is outstanding but when I compared it to my Naim Statement NAC S1 linestage preamp the latter is way superior so I've been using the Naim Statement NAC S1 linestage preamp connected to the Naim Statement NAP S1 monoblock amps. But again the Naim Statement NAC S1 preamp is a statement product at $90k retail just for the linestage preamp. However, the built-in preamp section of my MSB Select II DAC is phenomenal and will outperform most or any dedicated linestage preamps costing up to $40k. My MSB Select II DAC is equipped with two separate mono powerhouses (two mono power supply units) and with its flagship Femto 33 clock.
Besides I have a turntable/phono pre setup as well as a Struder reel-to-reel (master audio tape) machine as my analog front end source components. So a real dedicated linestage preamp is needed although the MSB Select II DAC is a modular design and you can add analog audio inputs to it but I prefer my Naim Statement NAC S1 linestage pre.

Last edited by Dilettante; 07-08-2020 at 01:23 AM.