View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieFerric View Post
I wouldn't say "unlimited." They will all go OOP in due course. For me, I've pretty much had it with the $150.00 lp's. I've gotten to the point that the only time I buy them is if I know they're going on the 2-Track Tascam for recording. YMMV.
Understood on the numbers, thanks, I will order quickly once I decide on version.

Agreed on the 45 issue too. At least with respect to Steely Dan, the money is irrelevant to me. The whole set can be had for less than I would have spent on one of their concerts that I've missed during covid. (and I probably would have attended 4 or more) But at some point, enough is enough--Am I going to buy 50 or 60 of my favorite albums @$150? Do I really need to flip the disc every 8 minutes every time I listen to one of my faves? Can't I just be grateful for very highly reviewed 33 played on a great system? After all, as I presume is the case with you, when I play good vinyl at home today, I am getting an experience light years beyond what I had in my youth or what 99% of other listeners have now. My hope with purchasing the CBT 33 is that I'll decide to stop with the 45s (sorry if this is a rant--a complex emotional topic, haha)