View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
"Can't Buy A Thrill" is excellent.
Have you found a way to pre-order "The Royal Scam"? Was able to do so for CBAT, but have not seen anything on TRC.
I have a pristine original copy, so I'm looking forward to the comparison. I have 3 pressings of TRS on vinyl and they all have this weird surface noise that no amount of cleaning can remove. I think it's baked into the vinyl itself. The redbook copy of TRS that I bought years ago is really uninspiring.

A couple of years ago I was able to get most of the entire SD catalog on those Universal Japan Super High Material Single Layer SACD's and those are excellently done. They were supposed to release TRS on that format but the release was suddenly cancelled without any explanation as to why. I heard rumors that SD was rather miffed about that too.
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)