View Single Post
Old 04-17-2023, 08:44 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by miner View Post
I agree. $1700 will not surpass the phono stage in the C2300. I tried and failed. The only one I had in your price range that almost did surpass the C2300
Was the PS Audio Stellar phono stage.
Well, I'm thinking the issue has been settled. For this year at least.

I don't know how, but I'd forgotten about a rather large (for me) bill due on my credit card of $2.3K next month (I got a friendly e-mail reminder from Bank of America the other day). Some of that will be blunted by my expected tax refund, but given the speed at which government moves, the refund won't be coming too soon. With that in the mix, I should forget the phonostage for this year probably, and look to 2024; that does mean that I should be able to spend more then, and could look to the JC3+ or something in that range as my limit. Meantime, I'll stick to my "play records / research phonostages / watch the dollars" approach and see where things are as the year progresses. Who knows, things may break differently.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks