View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 01:04 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
That looks very good! With sub placement & tuning, you should be able to bring it all together.

Does your REL sub allow you to adjust time phase? (May not be the correct language). Eg match the wave front of your sub with your mains at the crossover point? Sometimes done with placement of the sub, DSP or through a ‘phase’ adjustment like the JL Subs have.

I have no doubt you can boost and flatten out the <100Hz region, getting the timing right will be a final and important step.
Hi Craig,
There is a phase switch on the REL. I have to re-read the manual thoroughly about how this is used per your suggestions. Its good I broke out the manual before doing anything with respect to the settings on the sub, because the knob for Crossover is different than the one I thought it was (the knob I thought was XO was actually for the .1/LFE for home theatre).

Cheers and thanks for the tips.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.