View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 03:47 AM
Living La Vida Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady339 View Post
tima, I would like to know more about the science of why WireWorld cables work to counter some of the "non-believers" I encounter. One of the arguments I have heard from a member of the British studio engineering crowd stated that standard qualify cables such as Beldon or Mogami are used in top studios because they are good enough so that any differences in sound as compared to hi-end cables like WireWorld would be so small as to be imperceptible.
Hi,

Engaging audiophile "non-believers" about audio cables used to be more commonplace but today it seems kinda passe'. The snake-oil days seem to be behind us.

In the case of the recording studio, engineers are likely to use balanced cables for a variety of reasons (for example, long lengths and associated RFI issues.) I too use high-end signal cables but in my experience using something like a Mogami Neglex 2534 microphone cable wired for balanced makes for a pretty good cable, one, based on my own A/B/A, I would describe similar to your post: "they are good enough so that any differences in sound as compared to hi-end cables like WireWorld would be so small as to be imperceptible." I don't know about "imperceptble" - I could hear some difference - but with balanced circuits, I found the Mogami worked well.

Perhaps you could ask Dave Salz your questions about the science behind WW cables and share his responses. Or check here: https://www.wireworldcable.com/ - that page talks about their patented technology. It won't tell you why you or anyone else enjoys them but it will give insight about WW construction.