View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 11:07 AM

Hi 755a, I presume you have the A23 755 speakers and must know how I felt to take a plunge and order something that I have not listened to. Well sorry to disappoint you but my opinions are still not formed yet? I travel a lot (airline industry) which takes me away from home irregurly so I am sure they are still breakin in slowly( not their fault but mine) The 753 is going to be a bit different than the Pl field coils or alnicos. It's also different from the 604 latour speakers. They are rated 98bd@16ohms with a 15 inch alnico bass driver and a field coil horn driver. The FC power supplies are bulld within the cabinets itself and culminates in a strip with 12 settings apparently to adjust the sound for different music or to suit different size rooms My ebony finish speakers are closed to the rear wall on the long side which is not optimal for this pair of sealed speaker. One thing for sure I have never heard my Montrachet so happy. It just gave it all and the 753 literally swung to life. I guess is like what Neil said, finally my amps can breathe properly. Yesterday, I set the my silverbacks mk2 beside the Shindo speakers and you can feel the amp working harder though the sound was also magical, more modern with the great soundstage and the sparkles from all the highs just wrap around your ears. Can I keep both speakers n buy a more powerful single ended amp (211 or 845tubes) The 753 are tonally rich and although it's a 2 way speaker,it sounds coherent and it take loudness or scale to a higher level. Give me some more time and I will post some pics. How nice if we could all get along n get together n compare our gears

Last edited by Tristan; 02-26-2016 at 11:37 AM.