View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyno View Post
how do people (you puma!) hook up components to the ground plane of the everest? you just get some 14ga stranded wire from home depot and call it good?
I’m sure Puma’s recommendation to use a Shunyata ground cable is spot on. I just wanted to caution about some of the stranded wire that’s available at hardware stores. Much of it is copper clad aluminum (CCA). Definitely not something you’d want to use.

A few months ago I purchased a few rolls of stranded wire for use in my home theater system from Amazon. That’s when I discovered the prevalence of CCA. I opted for OFC instead (this). Really nice to work with and good enough, I think, for my Atmos speakers. I actually used a bit of this as a ground cable between the ground connector on my Denali v1 and my EtherRegen in my big rig. Might the Shunyata be better? Sure, but I’ll sweat that another day.
Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri power cords, QSA Lanedri Revelation XLR interconnect, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Last edited by kennyb123; 04-05-2021 at 01:47 AM.