View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMusic View Post
Understood on the numbers, thanks, I will order quickly once I decide on version.

Agreed on the 45 issue too. At least with respect to Steely Dan, the money is irrelevant to me. The whole set can be had for less than I would have spent on one of their concerts that I've missed during covid. (and I probably would have attended 4 or more) But at some point, enough is enough--Am I going to buy 50 or 60 of my favorite albums @$150? Do I really need to flip the disc every 8 minutes every time I listen to one of my faves? Can't I just be grateful for very highly reviewed 33 played on a great system? After all, as I presume is the case with you, when I play good vinyl at home today, I am getting an experience light years beyond what I had in my youth or what 99% of other listeners have now. My hope with purchasing the CBT 33 is that I'll decide to stop with the 45s (sorry if this is a rant--a complex emotional topic, haha)
The drawback to my system today is the quality of my hearing. It isn't what it used to be.
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)