View Single Post
Old 12-30-2021, 05:41 PM

Default Current state of Home Theater Processors/Receivers

Hey guys,

After selling our last home in the summer I traded in my Classe setup that had been my system for 15 years+ (CA5300 & SSP800).

My new home has a room that the previous people had a theater, but it was really basic and I am replacing it all. While I don't buy Blurays anymore, I have a Sony UBP-X800M2 4K UHD Blu-ray Player ready to go, have a JVC DLA-RS3100 on order (they are behind on production of course), but have not decided on my sound system or speakers at this point. Streaming and live TV will be 90% of the use, listening to music the other 10% maybe. I assume the picture will be stunning...

I always wrestle with having great sound (which my Classe did IMHO), with current tech (which the Classe was waaay behind on) and future upgrades/tech changes. I don't want to be switching out a receiver every year to have the newest stuff, but don't want to miss out on the significant changes.

So I guess after all that, what are your thoughts on the current state of Home Theater sound? 5.1 vs ? Best value for processors or receivers that deliver the goods? Any thing to consider I haven't thought of? Let's have a chat!