View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 02:59 PM

Glisse,

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain. I have two Amps the Amp I am thinking of using for Sopra No2 is the Aragon 8008x3. The specifications are 200 watts per channel, Frequency 5Hz-20kHz flat, THD <0.05. The other amp I have is the Marantz MM8077 150 watts x 7 channels, 150 watts (20Hz020kHz 0.08& s/n 105db) Frequency response (Analogue In) 8Hz-100kHz +/- 3d. I am thinking of using this amp for the other channels. Will this setup give me the best sound quality?

The other question I have which I am confused about for the front Sopra No2 speakers the Marantz AV Processor lets me set the Crossover of the Main Front and Left speakers to 40Hz or up to 250Hz. What setting do you suggest I use. Will 40Hz produce the best sound quality? Please let me know.

Can you explain to me how the following would work if it is at all possible. I would like to be able to eventually get another preamp just for listening to music. Is there a way to insert a preamp into the Marantz AV processor to use just for music. Would I be able to select it from the AV Processor say as a source that isn't being used for example DVD. When I want to use the home theater I would just select let's say blue ray player or Directv. All of the amplifier outputs would go to the Marantz AV Processor. The new Preamp would go to DVD when I just want to use the 2 channel preamp. Is this at all possible or is there a better way to do it. Thanks again for all your help. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day.