View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 09:28 PM

Cmalak: I am extremely impressed with the 948's given the relatively low cost. Of course low when compared to the average speakers on this forum in particular! I upgraded from Linn AV5140 main and center speakers, Anthem MRX500 as a pre/pro, and a Proceed Amp5. Current system is in signature. Focal/Mcintosh system blows away my old system in every way imaginable. It's more dynamic, detailed, and has the darkest noise floor I've ever "not" heard. I'd say the Aria's do a great job with midrange and higher. Bass is good, but needs a subwoofer for true extension past 40hz. I did have the Aria's running off the Anthem/Proceed combo for a few weeks and was quite pleased with the step up from the Linns. However, when combined with the Mcintosh MX121 & MC205 they really started to shine. Some speakers seem to like certain electronics better than others. Aria's LOVE Mcintosh!
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds

Last edited by scirica; 06-01-2014 at 09:45 AM.