View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Joe.......The Burmester Reference 111 Musiccenter includes a fully functional preamplifier unit that serves as the central element of your sound system with three analogue and six digital inputs. The preamplifier in the 111 consists of balanced circuitry with a fully DC-coupled signal path and no coupling capacitors. This music server should easily provide your new 911 Mk3 mono blocks with the control functions you need for any source, and the Burmester signal quality demanded by your amplifiers.

Some other interesting things I discovered about the Burmester 111 are quite interesting. The high-resolution 7" display was originally conceived as a display for use in the aviation industry, and used in the Airbus A380. This attention to high quality ensures a long and reliable service life. Also, the two 1TB hard drives are SSD solid state drives, with one drive as a mirrored back up to ensure no loss of music files should a drive failure occur. What I found very impressive is the Burmester 111 also includes an internal uninterruptible power supply (UPS). This ensures your data remains safe in the event of a power outage. The server will undergo a controlled system shutdown with the aid of the UPS, ensuring protection of your music files. Of course all of the amazing features found in the Burmester Reference 111 Musiccenter come at a premium price, $50k MSRP.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 06-13-2012 at 08:00 PM.