View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 09:54 AM
Go Dawgs

You guys should hear some of the car stories they’ve told me over the last several months....My salesperson has been at RBM Atlanta (one of Atlanta’s oldest) MB dealers since the early 1980s....he said he has NEVER seen anything like this. He told me in early May that they wouldn’t fill anymore 2021 orders, they’re all pushed to ‘22 models. The combination of the chip shortages, COVID delays and then the demand still being sky high for luxury and performance cars has made it unprecedented. He said it’s so bad that they’re trying to figure out how to keep people from buying and flipping cars online....models like the GLS suv and the G Wagons. During my shopping, MB Atlanta NE told me they had an 18 month, over 20 person long waiting list for a new G Wagon.

RBM had a G550 in their showroom. They scotch taped an 8&1/2 x 11 white piece of copy paper to the passenger side window that said “MSRP +30,000 market adjustment” 30K!!! That’s insane! They sold it. Incredible.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3