View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 12:58 PM

Default Review - Furutech Flux 50 NCF

Last week, I installed a single Furutech Flux 50 NCF between my Statement SE power cord going from my wall outlet, to my Statement SE power distribution box (which provides power to my main equipment rack consisting of my pre-amplifier, DAC, and all of my source components). The result? All I can say is that it was astonishing...

I am amazed by what this little device can do. The effect is immediate, and very noticeable! On a very well recorded and most recent album by one of my favorite French Canadian rockers (Jean Leloup - Paradis City) - that I had been enjoying tremendously prior to installing the Flux 50 NCF - I noticed the following differences with the Flux 50 now installed:

1. The depth and width of the sound-stage improved dramatically. Guitar licks that had previously stood out, causing the speakers to disappear, were now literally almost jumping out behind me and were landing even deeper within the sonic landscape.

2. More space and air could be perceived around each of the instruments, and/or vocalists allowing complex musical passages to better shine through.

3. Transients and decays. The beginning of notes or the striking of a chord on an instrument was more apparent, and with an increased amount of "attack". I became much more aware of the nuances of the decay of notes, and hearing that decay seemingly go on for much longer than I had previously noticed.

4. Coherence/imaging - it became much easier to localize and place where certain instruments were coming from in the presentation, and any delicate shift or movement within the sound-stage was more evident.

5. A "blacker" sonic background. Little details in the recording that I had previously missed became more apparent.

These results have been so awe inspiring that I am now wondering whether I should purchase 2 more Flux 50 NCF's and try installing them between each of my Mcintosh 2301 monobloc amplifiers to see what happens...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flux.jpg (88.6 KB, 645 views)
File Type: jpg Flux1.jpg (87.7 KB, 653 views)
File Type: jpg Flux2.jpg (82.2 KB, 667 views)

Last edited by jdandy; 01-23-2018 at 08:17 PM. Reason: enlarge photos