View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Genuflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBattles View Post
Just fired up the LA100 and I don't even know where to begin. Better detail and separation with a wider sound stage than my C220. Mid's are stronger as is the bottom end with more attack and decay. I tell you I cannot wait to see what a different CDP and phono stage will be able to accomplish. The gentleman I picked the LS100 from also had a Mullard GZ34 and two Sophia Electra 6SN7's, the recommended tube upgrades as per Modwright. They only have about 200 hrs on them so some additional break in is required. And not a bad deal at about half on regular MSRP.
So back to listening and boxing up the C220 for it's new owner. After that more research on CDP's while I watch the Saints and 49er's game
Hi Don (and any other LS100 owners)

I'm new to the forum and realize this thread has been dormant for 6 wks or so, but thought I'd ask about your ongoing impressions of the LS100. I'm considering picking one up and very much appreciate owner's commentary after the pre has been in their system for a while ... i.e. is the honeymoon over or still unfolding

Thanks kindly,

Todd