View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 11:31 PM

Midrange and overall coherence. Earlier today I put on Eva Cassidy- Live at Blues Alley. I was really something for a rainy Miami Sunday. I’ve been to Blues Alley a couple of times. When I was there it did not seem to me like Blues Alley “had a sound”. Today, it was clear that it does. I was transported back there in a way that was uncanny. You don’t hear these speakers, you just hear music. The only thing I can say about coherence is that it’s not worth talking about because the lack of it is just not a thing. The midrange is about as good as I’ve heard. For low level listening, they remind me of hearing TAD floor standers fed by Accuphase equipment in Ivan’s Florida living room at fairly low volume. And while I feed my Dyns with what I consider to be nice equipment, “it ain’t Accuphase”. In fairness and context, Ivan’s living room is about 4x the size of my listening room but I only need these to sound great in my room. They remind me a lot of Quad ESL-63s I used to have. They are lightening fast (even with tubes, albeit KT-120s), and yet piano and plucked bass notes have just a lovely extended decay. I also think this is a case of just a great match of speakers and room. When I started looking for speakers I was looking at bigger speakers, but I’ve tried to learn the lessons of others, especially here on AA including not “over-speakering” the room.
Dynaudio Heritage Special. Uptone Audio EtherRegen Ethernet Switch. Akasa NUC 10i7 with Roon Rock. Bryston BDP-3 Digital Music Player (with 4 Tb Internal SSD and Synology DS920+ NAS)-->Holo Audio May Kitsune Edition DAC-->Shunyata Sigma USB—>Gryphon Diablo 120 Integreted Amp w Transpatent XL PC. Oppo BDP-105D and BDP-203. Power: Shunyata Hydra Sigma S12 PD. Additional Cabling: WW Silver Electra PC, WW Electra PC, Shunyata Venom 3 PC. Digital: WW Starlight Ethernet, WW Gold Starlight AES-EBU, WW Platinum Starlight USB. IC and Speaker: WW Eclipse 8.

Bedroom System
Ipad with MusicStreamer App-->Schiit Jotunheim DAC/Amp—>Audeze LCD-XC, Focal for Bentley Radiance HO, Massdrop E-MU Teak HP. AK SE 200 DAP.

Mobile Survival Kit
Astell & Kern SP1000M. Noble Kaiser Encore IEM with Double Helix Balanced cable, Westone W80 IEM w ALOaudio Ref 8 cable, Westone W60 IEM, Shure se535 Ltd with Westone Bluetooth Wireless cable-amp. Mark Levinson No. 5909 Wireless HP.