View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Julian
The program last evening was very, very good. This was the first time I have ever heard Golijov's "Sidereus" and even though it is only nine minutes long it is a very nice piece.
Xuefei Yang is a truly accomplished guitarist and complimented the Orchestra on the Rodrigo's "Concierto de Aranjuez" . The second and third movements were especially entertaining. We were seated in the third row directly in front (less than 20') of Yang so we could see and hear her very clearly.
Although the first movement of Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 5 is a bit disjointed for my tastes as a whole it is an excellent piece. As you know the finale is exciting and Ms. Carneiro pulled everything out of the orchestra for the rousing finish.

Jim
Thanks for posting Jim!
I hadn't heard from Golijov before.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables