View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmorr View Post
i own this player and am enjoying it more each day. Not sure how useful my comments are however because i added it to my system 2 months ago, the same time i added 2 MC9S2 amps, and the SC72 preamp. speakers are B&W800d. At first i noticed a major difference in overall system sound compared to the all Rotel setup with the 800d prior--tighter bass, wonderful clear treble, but a recessed midrange. yes, at high volume the marantz system was much cleaner, much tighter. But the recessed MR was troubling...it was almost like voices were several rows back. So i was thinking of going down a path of some different cables, thinking that would help. But the last couple weeks seem to have much improved the MR, even the treble is more prominent now. I guess it could be breakin, or it could be the music I'm playing..need to do a more careful analysis. In any case, I'm quite pleased with the Marantz electronics. the CD player works flawlessly, even if the tray is a bit slow.

Sorry to be off topic but your new amps and pre has been discontinued for a while already. May I ask where you bought them?