View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 03:40 PM

I apologize for not reporting back earlier but I've been busy lately with non-audio related stuff.
I picked up my new SA-11S3 player late last week and immediately hooked it up with the full intention of (even before break-in) running A/B tests with my current players (SA-15S1 and Cayin CDT-15A) and various cables.
I started out by powering everything up and playing a few cds on the SA-15S1 just to warm up the system. After listening to Norah Jones' Come Away With Me, from start to finish on the SA-15S1, I then moved the disc over to the SA-11S3 and hit play. I somewhat expected an audible difference between the two players but was not prepared for what I heard. The stage just opened up in front of me, every instrument became so distinct, localized and natural sounding. The depth of the soundstage became more solid and real. There was all kinds of detail I had not previously heard. Bass and drums were so much tighter and better defined.
I must've looked a little silly with that grin on my face. At any rate that's where the testing ended (if it had ever really began). I spent the whole weekend spinning disc after disc and just enjoying the new music, not once thinking of listening to either of the old players.
All I can say is that right now I am one happy camper!
Rick