View Single Post
Old 04-25-2022, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bubeck View Post
My Yvettes were installed and positioned by my dealer (Paragon Sight and Sound) using Wilson's WASP protocol. Their final positioning after a bit of minor fine tuning on my part is 2 ft. from the back wall, 2.5 ft. from the right side wall, 8 ft. from the left side wall and 7 ft. apart. At the time (Oct. , 2016), my dealer included an optional upgrade color choice (Ipanema Brown) as part of a good deal that included Transparent speaker cables. Ipanema Brown goes perfectly with my earth tone décor. With the AD enhancement, I believe that the Yvettes are in a sweet spot in the Wilson line and they have served me superbly for over 5 years. There is better out there, but at a steeper cost.

Hopes this helps.

Bob
__________________________________________________ _____
Sources: Clearaudio Jubilee MC/Clearaudio Innovation Wood TT w/Universal Arm 9” and Professional Power 24V; MCT500 CD/SACD transport; OPPO 205; NAD C446 Internet Tuner; Nakamichi 670ZX cassette deck. Electronics: MacIntosh C2700 preamp w/DA2 and MC462 power amp. Speakers: Wilson Yvettes with Acoustic Diodes Headphones: MacIntosh MHP 1000 Interconnects: Transparent SBL2 XLR GEN 6 balanced and SSC8 GEN 6 speaker cables; MCT - MCT500 -> C2700.Power cords: Transparent (on preamp, power amp and transport). Surge protected. Record and CD maintenance : Clearaudio Double Matrix Professional Sonic RCM; L’Art du Son CD treatment.
Thanks. Very interesting. Please advise on your room--just for example, could you have gone 4' from the front wall?