View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lost Bears View Post
Far less than you would think. I bought the whole thing on a whim. The table, arm and cart were a trade in at a local dealer. The dealer wanted to move it and offered it to me for at a price I couldn't refuse, less than half retail. I had bought a lot of stuff from that dealer in the past though. I didn't buy the Ref Phono 2se until last year. I bought that here from Tima.
Funny, I was looking hard at Tima's Ref2SE last year, but I could not buy that and have any money for an appropriate turntable , so It would've sat... So that's the issue.... I'm sure I'd love a REF2SE and a 6-7K TT and cart system but that's a huge investment that 1) I cannot swing at this time, 2) that's a lot to spend on a guess that I'll like spinning vinyl and all that comes with the format, 3) which leads to the original question I posted, is whether a 3Kish system is a balance of $$ and sound quality that I could live with, while I cut my teeth in this new-to-me format!

Hopefully, I'll get a good demo in, maybe early November, to see where this all plays out...