View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMCH View Post
I am another in my mid 60's and started with vinyl, that was all there was. I usually preferred the sound of vinyl over digital. I had a decent analog set up but one thing that no one has mentioned is how easy to destroy an expensive cartridge. Having done that a few times for thousands each time I finally gave up and went all digital with streaming and Hi-Res. I didn't notice a streamer in your signature. Putting in something like an Aurender will easily compliment the system you already have even if it is only to demo music. Just my 2 cents.
I use a Linux based headless PC my son built for me that has 2TB of music ripped from SACD, DVD-A and cd, using Jriver. No streaming service as of yet...I looked into the Aurender N100H instead of going vinyl for almost the same price...

This is my second or third stab at trying to get into vinyl over the years, but to be honest, some people scared me off with all the doom and gloom of vinyl woes...some are in this thread...

Antonmb's Rega equipment suggestion is very nice...My dealer is an hour away...I will try to get an audition in the coming weeks when I can carve out some time for a road trip.. sometimes I think of getting a $300 TT and be done, but in my heart, I know I will not be satisfied...