View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 05:54 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubla36 View Post
Ivan’s shipment of two V14 NRs for my streamer and switch completed NRs for all the components connecting to my P15. I’m hearing bass more clearly and more nuance on voice. Another layer of grime I didn’t know was there gone.

Quick reminder about what Puma’s been saying on having noise filtering to prevent component noise going back to regenerator/whatever.
Yes, a major source of noise in a system is from the power supplies of the components themselves. If you are interested in a even higher level of performance and a more engaging presentation, consider a Shunyata power distributor. These work in tandem with the power cord to enhance and extend noise attenuation while concomitantly not impacting dynamic transient current delivery (which is a difficult engineering trick to pull off).
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.