View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
The amount of noise reduction is the same, 12dB, but the noise reduction functionality is somewhat different for the V14D Digital PC. It's noise reduction functionality is specifically optimised for devices that are 100% in the digital domain, e.g. a network bridge or streamer (digital in/digital out).

It came out of power cords developed by Clear Image Scientific, Shunyata's sister company that sells power products for medical digital imaging, and it was designed for cardiac digital imaging devices.

If your device is a DAC, preamp, amp, that operates at any level in the analog domain, you should ideally use a Venom NRv10 or NRv12 power cord, or higher-specification.
Still I find it strange that the value increases on my EMI device when using the V10 NR powercord compared to a standard cord.
The device is measuring the EMI in the electrical system, I know it's just a simple device giving a measurement in mV, I am not fixated on the number displayed but I can see the change during the day, low numbers in the morning, slowly increasing during the day.
My system sounds best in the morning and late in the evening. So for me there is definitly a goal to get the readings as low as possible.
Thats's why I don't understand the higher readings with a powercord designed to reduce noise.

Last edited by imprezap2; 12-09-2021 at 04:31 PM.