View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 01:29 AM

Well, he's loaded and a hardcore audiophile and has been one for decades.

He previously had the Magico M6 until recently moved up to the M9. Before the Naim Statement pre / monoblock amps combo he had the D'Agostino Momentum M400 monoblock amps / ARC Ref 10 linestage pre combo paired with the Wilson Alexx, then moved on to a pair of Boulder monoblock amps / pre combo (can't remember which series) until finally settled with the Naim Statement pre / monoblock amps combo on a pair of the Magico M6 and recently moved up to the M9. He still has the D'Agostino Momentum phono preamp for his Clearaudio Statement v2 turntable. He also recently acquired the Struder master audio tape machine (reel to reel).

He has one of the best acoustic (listening room) I've ever been to. He spent a lot building his dedicated reference listening room from scratch along with room treatments and all.
His speaker cables alone cost twice as much as my speakers. I have the B&W 800 D3 ($30k/pair). He's using the Transparent Magnum Opus speaker cables.

I'm about to change speakers myself, thinking of either higher end Vandersteen or possibly the flagship from PMC if I end up with the Naim 500 series stacks since they have great synergy together. Will see. If I end up with all Naim 500 series stacks (Naim streamer/DAC, linestage pre & power amp) I will have to end up selling the Cary CD 306 SACD player.
I'm also in the process of getting an analog front end (turntable / phono pre setup) too. Still undecided on which to get. Of course I won't be able to afford the Clearaudio Statement v2 turntable with D'Agostino Momentum phono pre like the ones my cousin has. My pocket isn't as deep as his. lol.