View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Did not notice this post so it is probably way too late nearly a year later to be useful but could be useful for others I guess. I had Sandringhams, Kensington and Canterburry SEs in a room that was approximately 15x18 feet. Do not hesitate to go with Canterburry but not much smaller than those dimensions as they do like some room to breathe. Both the Sandringhams and Kensingtons are absolutely fine in rooms even smaller.

All very enjoyable speakers with the Canterburry being able to provide a larger, more vivid and lifelike presentation with more palpable and focused imaging and purity of tone. Of course they were much more $ than the other pairs.
Wow, I thought I had answered that question but looks like I inadvertently ignored it - sorry to Kajos!

Yeah I totally agree. Canterbury should be fine in 18'x15' but don't go into smaller rooms with that model. The Canterbury renders a BIG lifelike presentation the smaller drivers can't match. But the Kensington SE should really sing in ~ 15'x18'; seems pretty close to optimal for it - and it also has a beautiful midrange and vivid sound and more clarity versus Canterbury SE. The Canterbury SE is on the warmer/thicker side whereas the Kensington SE is a bit leaner (though still with beautiful lush mids), and watch those tweeters on gear matching!

Karel's room however is 35sq meters, which is what in american eagle units - 24'x16'? That's a good room size. At that size I'd say consider supplementing the Kensington SE with dual subs. Of course the Canterbury will be quite happy on its own in that room size, and though I don't have Westminster experience it should also be great in that room.

Quote:
Sounds like a fantastic system. Enjoy.
Thank you sir! Going all VAC now, with a Master preamp replacing the Reference 6

Last edited by mulveling; 03-09-2021 at 06:58 PM.