View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwardo View Post
I've had my ETSE3 for about a year and I'd estimate that I have 500-600 hours play time on it, maybe a bit more.

And I have about the same play time (a bit less maybe) on the ET250s amp.

Finally, the system sounds consistently (mostly) great with music, but even now it seems to take a step back once in awhile. (Oh, and it definitely sounds better after it has warmed up an hour or so.)

But to get here, I've had to listen to what doesn't sound like great sound for a long time. Patience grasshopper, indeed.

I can't leave the equipment on all the time, so I've spent a lot of time watching TV with the sound through the CJ equipment. Even with the break-in issues, cable never sounded so good.
Yep, yep....I can relate.

Yep, after 500 hours or so, there will still continue to be improvements up to 1000 hours or so. I bought my CT-5 with 300 hours on it in Feb 2011; it didn't sound very good with 300 hours on it, which is why I think the original purchaser sold it (prematurely). It took to July for it to make a breakthrough, and then another big jump occured in the Oct/November time-frame. Like your experience, I would say it took the better part of 2011 for the CT-5 to start to sound consistently (very) good.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 08-09-2012 at 03:45 PM.