View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Ah, the miracles of bass traps. Been there myself. Jim, what kind of gear is driving the Maxx 3s that you have mixed feelings about them? The bass is stupendous with Maxx 3 and Alexandria. Even the Sasha's made me forget my subs for the last few months. I took them out of the system.
The bass is fantastic on the Maxx's. Tight, musical, everything you could want.

I am now used to the sound of MBL's. Just as it took time to appreciate what an omni-directional speaker offers it could take time to go back to a traditional speaker. So everything I say is colored by my current state of thinking.

The mixed feelings come from the highs which are not as articulated as I like. The dealer notes that it is very possible that this could be mitigated by properly aligning the units in my room. Their clarity at times almost made the upper mid's seemed congested at times, but again that might be due to by current reference point. Please do not misunderstand, the Maxx's are great speakers, I am just not sure I am willing to pay the up-charge over my current set-up. Unfortunately, the only speakers I would consider are going to require that type of investment.