View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 08:42 PM

Default May have save some big bucks....

I may have saved myself some big bucks I was considering spending on either upgraded MBL speakers or possibly going with a pair of Maxx 3's. I have always had a bass issue (lack of) in my room no matter the speakers including JM Lab's,, Von Schweikerts, 802d's and my MBL 111e's. One of the reasons I purchased the MEN-220 was to try and address any issues caused by the ceiling in my room jumping by 15 inches (from 8' to about 9'6") half way across.

I just had pair of Real Traps added to the ceiling in my room. All of a sudden I have great bass. I do not know if the traps cleaned up highs that were bouncing around or prevent the bass from getting trapped in the high area, I do know it helped. Tomorrow I will try and rerun the Room Perfect. One interesting note, I usually listen at around 40-41 on my C-1000, with the Traps in place I have to bump that up to about 45-46 to get the same sound.

Someone is scheduled to drive over from Chicago to look at my speakers Saturday ( I think he may back crap out) and then on Tuesday my dealer was going to drop in some Maxx 3's for a few days. I spent a couple more hours listening to the 3's today but I have mixed feelings about them. After hearing the improvement these Real Traps made, I may have saved myself a chuck of change.
Jim