View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjjpdc View Post
Mike,
I have had one for over a year. But I would careful with the "starter" TT categorization. I consider the starter term suitable for a lower priced TT, say around $300-600. The Concept is a true giant killer. As previously mentioned it greatly benefits from an MC Cart. I have a Benz Micro on mine and it sounds stellar to me. I listen to just about all kinds of music but I am firmly in the classical/jazz camp with a love of voice as well.

If you want to say that I prefer the midrange or some upper bass flavor, so be it. But I prefer warmth to coolness. I have Quicksilver V4's and an Audible Illusions M3A. As Chuck Heston used to say about his guns; ditto for me with Concept, it's not leaving my listening room any time soon.
Thanks for the input drjjpdc, after further of reading, talking to audiophile people, and finally listening to a friend concept with an MC cart. I am sold, I will get one soon. I think this would be a great addition to my McIntosh C2300 tube pre, a pair of vintage McIntosh C2100 set to mono, and a pair of Vandersteen 2CE Sig. II. I also listen to all type of jazz from fission to progressive to big band to modern jazz, and some Latin jazz too. After I get my Concept, I have to choose for a descent MC cart. What do you recommend? Thanks.

Mike
McIntosh C2300 preamp, MC601 monoblocks (x2), Vandersteen 2CE Signature II Speakers, Marantz AV8802a preamp processor, Marantz MA500 monoblocks amps, Small Audio Manufacture (SAM) Turntable, Polk Audio Center, Rear Left and Rear Right speakers, SVS Front High Left and Front High Right speakers, Chrysalis Bass Matrix-12 Sub woofer.

Last edited by miketuason; 01-22-2013 at 12:56 PM.