View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMan View Post
The crackling! A couple of years ago, I purchased a new set of Gold Lions for my MC275. I have been running into an issue recently where a specific Piano note would cause a crackling sound in the right channel (a little louder than the left), and the left had a slight crackling sound.

So I ordered a new set, but I also ordered a new Innuos streamer, Qutest, and some iso feet.

Once I installed everything and started listening again, I noticed that the crackling was gone.

I have no idea what happened, but I wonder when I disconnected the speaker and reconnected it solved the issue.

I also ran the amp for about 16 hours and wondered if the tube needed good heating. Maybe consider giving this a try.

I forgot to mention that in the situation, I totally disconnected the entire system and moved it. So I wonder if what I was experienced was a grounding issue.

Tube System: PS Audio Dectet - McIntosh MR88 - Innous ZenMini - Chord Qutest - WireWorld Eclipse 8 Cables - McIntosh C22V & MC275 - Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor - Stillpoints & IsoAcoustics Gaia III