View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 07:27 PM

I've been told now by a few dealers, McIntosh will not be updating the MB100 or MS500 anymore...but keep in mind the source of my info is the dealer, which can only go so far I guess, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt for now...

I'm fortunate enough to have 2 MB100s - I got them blindly, as I needed streamers for my 2 different McIntosh systems and figured, how bad could they be, it's McIntosh built....anyways...I just cancelled my order for 2 MS500s which were going to replace these MB100s, as I was under the impression that the MS500 was getting regular updates, or at least there were plans to update it.

So to wrap things up, the answer to my original post here, is we should expect around 2 years for updates for a McIntosh digital product. I guess I don't see why the dealer would steer me wrong - I was going to order 2 units from them, so there's that to think about.

I know not many people have these units, or there would be more discussion here - that alone is telling to me as well.

Anyways, I hope someone finds this info helpful, but I'd love to be proven wrong on some of these assessments, for every owner's benefit.

Cheers,
Gershon