View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 05:50 PM

Default So Flash is dead...MB100...MS500?

The official demise of Adobe Flash reminded me that's what I use to interface with my MB100.

Despite the somewhat flammable subject line, I'd like to keep the discussion focused on what should the life expectancy be for a $6000+ McIntosh streamer?

My MB100 was introduced in late 2014. The MS500 was introduced mid 2018. They both use the same app, which has had exactly 2 iOS updates: one in 2014 and one in 2017. They also both use Flash for the web interface.

I know if you ask anyone at McIntosh, the firmware/software/update answer will always be: what problems are you experiencing that make you want an update? I guess my generic answer is that, because my MB100 is now a ticking time bomb, and I guess my expectations at that price point are different than McIntosh's.

I bought my MB100 for system integration reasons, as well as expectations from the history of McIntosh. Maybe McIntosh knows that already, and counts on it - meaning, they don't necessarily need to focus on this area of concern, since people will just buy the newest thing from them.

Anyways, hoping to be educated with some meaningful discussion.

Last edited by Gershon; 01-04-2021 at 07:17 PM.